Located on the Isle of Mull, the Tobermory distillery was founded in 1798. Renamed Ledaig in 1972 when it reopened after 42 years of closure, it was closed again in 1975 before reopening under the name Tobermory in 1989.
It produces two single malts, one unpeated, Tobermory, the other peaty (between 30 and 40 ppm of phenols), Ledaig. To develop the latter, the distillery obtains its barley from the Port Ellen malt house.
This version matured in Bordeaux wine barrels shows us a very gourmet side of this distillery, marked by notes of black fruits, ash and sweet spices.
Part of SV’s explorative trilogy of wine barrel-aged expressions.